Bryn is a member of Pharma Research & Early Development Leadership Team at Roche and is a SVP driving innovation through application of Digital and AI technologies, automation and inspiring R&D workplaces.
He is accountable for the efficient, effective, sustainable and compliant operation of the organization globally (>2,000 staff, across 7 centers), and for strategies in FAIR Data, Digitalization and Personalized Healthcare.
Global responsibilities include:
1) Informatics – including Data Science and Digital Strategy.
2) R&D Workplace and Labs – facilities and infrastructure to support highly collaborative innovation; lab technologies, automation and robotics; lab supply. Currently building three new state-of-the-art R&D centers in Basel, Zurich and Shanghai.
3) Business Excellence and Sustainability – Quality and Compliance; Risk and Business Continuity Management; Organizational Effectiveness; Change Management; Procurement; Academic and PPP programmes.
4) Strategic Scientific Leadership – Medical Genomics, FAIR Data, Digitalization and Personalized Healthcare.
5) Center leadership for the two largest Roche R&D Innovation Centers in Basel and Munich, and via global matrix for the other 5 centers. Was personally Site Head in Basel 2015-2018.